Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy Fourth of July!

Wednesday was a great day to be in Turkey! The weather was absolutely beautiful.

We saw Mt. Arat and visited the Ishak Pasa Palace. Mt. Arat is known as the mountain where Noah's ark is said to have landed after the great flood. It was the biggest mountain I have ever seen. The way the clouds clung to the peak was really neat to see.

When we arrived back at the hotel, we were greeted with a fourth of July dinner celebration. We had hamburgers, french fries, cotton candy, and some Turkish & Armenian favorites.



At dinner the Armenian fellows broke out some Armenian cognac, which has to be the strongest alcohol I have ever tried. Yesterday I was not feeling very well. I woke up with swollen glands, a cough, and a very sore throat. After one small glass of cognac and a few hours of sleep I woke up this morning feeling ten times better. I had another small glass tonight at dinner, I am hoping to wake up tomorrow feeling 100 percent! Thank you so much to the Armenian fellows for sharing your "wonder drink" with us!


1 comment:

  1. I want to eat turkish delicious food, our cookers were wonderful.

    ReplyDelete